In September 2021, the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization (CENELEC) issued the standard ” Harmonics current emission limits for equipment with input currents of less than or equal to 16A per phase ” EN IEC 61000-3-2: 2019+A1: 2021. At present, this version has not been included in the OJ notice of the European Union. EN 61000-3-2:2014 is still a valid version recognized by the European Union.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
1. An update of the emission limits for lighting equipment with a rated power ≤ 25 W to take into account new types of lighting equipment;
2. The addition of a threshold of 5 W under which no emission limits apply to all lighting equipment;
3. The modification of the requirements applying to the dimmers when operating non-incandescent lamps;
4. The addition of test conditions for digital load side transmission control devices;
5. The removal of the use of reference lamps and reference ballasts for the tests of lighting equipment;
6. The classification of professional luminaires for stage lighting and studios under Class A;
7. A clarification about the classification of emergency lighting equipment;
8. An update of the test conditions for television receivers;
9. An update of the test conditions for induction hobs, taking also into account the other types of cooking appliances.