Audio/video, information and communication technology equipment – Part 1: Safety requirements
IEC 62368-1:2018 is applicable to the safety of electrical and electronic equipment within the field of audio, video, information and communication technology, and business and office machines with a rated voltage not exceeding 600 V. This document does not include requirements for performance or functional characteristics of equipment.
This is a product safety standard that classifies energy sources, prescribes safeguards against those energy sources, and provides guidance on the application of, and requirements for, those safeguards.
The prescribed safeguards are intended to reduce the likelihood of pain, injury and, in the case of fire, property damage.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2014. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– addition of requirements for outdoor equipment;
– new requirements for optical radiation;
– addition of requirements for insulating liquids;
– addition of requirements for work cells;
– addition of requirements for wireless power transmitters;
– addition of requirements for fully insulated winding wire (FIW);
– alternative method for determination of top, bottom and side openings for fire enclosures;
– alternative requirements for sound pressure.
This group safety publication is primarily intended to be used as a product safety standard for the products mentioned in the scope, but shall also be used by technical committees in the preparation of standards for products similar to those mentioned in the scope of this standard, in accordance with the principles laid down in IEC Guide 104 and lSO/lEC Guide 51.
The contents of the corrigendum of April 2020 have been included in this copy.
Key words: Audio, Video, Communication, Safety